For research, the Plant Genomics and Biotechnology groups have available diverse equipment acquired through IBET or ITQB (or jointly).
Plant Culture Conditions
- Greenhouse: A 500 m2 glasshouse with six compartments is located outside the building.
- Plant Growth Chambers: Several fitoclimas D1200PL (Aralab) and D1200PLHF (Aralab) provide a wide range of reproducible and uniform in vitro culture conditions. Moreover, inside the building there are several plant growth rooms of 8 to 12 m2 and two tissue culture rooms of 10 m2 with controlled light and temperature conditions.
- Chambers for Stress assays: Two walk-in chambers 10 000 EHHF (Aralab) of 10m2, provide a wide range of reproducible and uniform growth conditions (controlled light, temperature, humidity, CO2).
- Flow benches: Several Microflow laminar workstations (Microflow Ltd); Vertical flow workstation (Nuaire)
- Liquid Nitrogen Containers and -80ºC Freezers
- Stereo microscope with optical fibers, Nikon SMZ800, equipped with Digital Camera Olympus CAM-SC30
- Inverted light microscope with fluorescence, Nikon Eclipse TE 3000, equipped with Digital camera with unit control, Nikon DS-5MC-U2
- Microtome Leica RM2155
For microcopy, the teams also make use of the IGC Microscopy Unit (namely for confocal microscopy)
LightCycler® 480 Real-Time PCR SystemPCR Thermocyclers for microtubes and slides (for in situ RT-PCR)
- Centrifuges (bench and refrigerated centrifuges, and ultracentrifuges)
- Biolistic particle delivery device BioRad PDS-1000/He
- Microplate spectrophotometer
- Liquid Chromatography
Several Polyacrilamide and agarose electrophoresis equipments for proteins and nucleic acids
For molecular biology, the teams also make use of the IGC facility for transcriptomics (Affymetrix)
- Gel based Proteomics: IPGphor (GE Healthcare) and EttanDalt II System (GE Healthcare)
- Fluorescent Image Analyzer FLA-5100 (FujiFilm)
- Visible Image Analyzer LabScan (GE Healthcare)
- Software 2D Gel Image Analysis (Same Spots from Nonlienar Dynamics and ImageMaster Platinum from GE Healthcare)
Animal cell culture
Biohazard Laminar Flows
Inverted phase contrast microscope