How to arrive to iBET
Coordinates (accurate to 100 metres)
- latitude: 38° 41' 38" (38.694 N)
- longitude: 9° 19' 7" (-9.318 W)
- latitude: 38° 41' 45'' (38.696 N)
- longitude: 9° 19' 19'' (-9.322 W)
From Lisbon or North of Portugal to iBET in Oeiras
By car through highway A5 (check map detail below)
- To reach Oeiras from Lisbon take the highway, Autoestrada de Cascais (A5) and leave the road at the Oeiras access (EXIT 7). Then, follow the signs to Nova Oeiras.
- To reach Oeiras from the North of Portugal, you can bypass Lisbon to arrive to Oeiras. You leave Autoestrada do Norte in Alverca following the signs to CREL. Follow CREL almost until the end (after the toll at Queluz). Then, you can follow through Autoestrada de Cascais (A5). You take a similar path if you come from Autoestrada do Oeste.
By car along the seaside (check map detail below)
- Coming from Lisbon from Av. Marginal (EN6) take the right turn at Oeiras near the fast food chain (MacDonalds). At the first roundabout turn left cross the small bridge and turn right going under the train bridge. At the red lights turn left and drive for 300m. On the first turn go right till the end of the road reaching Av. da República. Then turn left and 100m after turn right into the main gate of INIAV. Follow the iBET signs.
Arriving by Plane
- Lisbon International Airport is 45 minutes drive to iBET - Oeiras.
- The easiest way is to take a taxi directly to iBET. On arrival at the Lisbon airport, please go to the Visitors and Convention Bureau where there is a Taxi Voucher service from where you can get a taxi without queuing (The price of this service is around 35 Eur). Or queue for a taxi from the taxi rank immediately outside the arrivals section.
- A cheaper way is to take the Aerobus to Cais-Sodré (costs about 2.3 € and is valid all day in Lisbon bus company - Carris ) and then take the train (see below).
Arriving by Train
- There are very frequent, fast and reliable train connections from Lisbon to Oeiras (13km). To see timetables click here.