We are recruiting two Post-Doc level researchers for cell biology projects based on 3D Stem Cell and Cancer Cell Models
area: Cell Biology and Biomedical Engineering
local: Oeiras, Portugal
available vacancies: 2
We are looking for post-doc level candidates with strong expertise in cellular biology or cellular biomedical engineering, to work in interdisciplinary projects focused on:
Desired candidate profiles:
- Experience in neuronal cell biology projects, focused on synapse biology OR neural extracellular matrix, with practical skills in confocal microscopy and image analysis, besides general molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Experience in human stem cell differentiation/maturation projects, focused on 3D neural cell models of disease, with practical skills in one or several of the following techniques: bioprocessing of stem cells, neural differentiation or hematopoietic differentiation towards myeloid lineages, 3D cell culture and bioreactor technology.
Desired candidate profiles:
- Experience in cell biology projects, focused on tumor microenvironment OR innate immunity OR glycobiology, with practical skills in functional assays and gain and loss of function experiments in immune cells, besides general molecular and cell biology techniques.
- If you have less than 3 years post-doc experience, please apply directly to this position.
The selected candidate(s) will be integrated in the Advanced Cell Models Laboratory, coordinated by Dr Catarina Brito, which is part of the Animal Cell Technology Unit of iBET (www.ibet.pt) and ITQB-NOVA (www.itqb.unl.pt).
We are a team of biomedical engineers, cell and molecular biologists, biochemists, and data scientists. At the Advanced Cell Models Lab, our research is interdisciplinary and aims at the development of advanced human cell models (employing induced pluripotent stem cells, other patient-derived cells, and cell lines) to target deregulation of cellular microenvironment in disease and evaluate its role in therapeutic response. Key areas of interest include the role of the innate immune microenvironment in cancer, neurological disorders, and in response to immunotherapies and gene therapies.
The selected candidate will work in close collaboration with the following consortium partners:
Project A: Check project partners and additional information about the consortium in www.ardat.org. More information about the project in the pdf below (announcement).
Project B: At iBET – proteomics, glycomics, scRNAseq and integrative omics analyses teams; at FCT-NOVA and Imperial College London, with researchers that pioneered functional glycomics and MS-based glycan sequencing. More information about the project in the pdf below (announcement).
The selection of the candidates will be made according to the following:
– Adequacy of the PhD topic to the areas of the project – 15 %
– Motivation Letter – 10%
– Curriculum Assessment (CV) according to the admission requirements – 75 %
If the jury decides, the process will proceed to interview & presentation for all candidates with Curriculum Assessment greater than 8 values (out of 10). In the case of interviews, the final evaluation will consist of 95% of curriculum evaluation and 10% of the interview evaluation. Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements described above will not be eligible.
How to apply?
Applications must be formalized to the email address email@example.com, indicating the reference PD_3DCellModels_062022 in the email subject and sending:
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diploma Certificate
What We Offer
- Integration in a solid and reference Institution;
- An opportunity to integrate a dynamic and enthusiastic team;
- Depending on experience level, we offer a fellowship or contract of minimum 1 year with possibility of renewal;
- Initial and continuous training;
- Benefits and conditions according to the role.
Positions will remain open until the right candidate is found.
For informal enquiries, please contact Catarina Brito to firstname.lastname@example.org.