Bringing together scientists, engineers and other specialists working with animal cells
ESACT – The European Society for Animal Cell Technology – is a Society that promotes communication of experiences between European and International investigators and progress the development of cell systems and productions derived from animal cells.
ESACT focuses on the entire animal cell production process from the initial genetic studies of the cells through the stages of process development and validation, production, intensification, purification, regulatory issues for product release, to the efficacy, safety, testing and application of the final product.
Range of ESACT’s interests:
- Derivation, characterization, acceptance and validation of cell lines
- Optimization/enhancement of the biochemical and physiological cell behaviour
- Process design, optimization, scale-up and technology transfer (up/downstream)
- Biosynthesis and processing of cell products
- Cells and vectors for genetic medicine/therapy
- Tissue engineering and biomedical devices
- Cells as tools for product discovery and testing
- Replacement of animals in testing and research
Paula Alves, CEO of iBET, is Chairperson of ESACT since 2017.
Sign up for the ESACT newsletter at Newsletter – ESACT