At iBET we offer several services for food safety and quality assessment, ranging from analytical services to consultancy
For assessment of food safety and quality, we provide analytical services to evaluate chemical composition and functional components, microbiology and molecular biology analysis and sensory analysis
Chemical Composition and Functional Components
The evaluation of the chemical composition as well as the identification of functional components responsible for health benefits or sensory properties (colour, taste, flavor) is important for food and supplements producers. At iBET different methodologies are implemented and can be used according to different needs:
- Sample preparation methodologies;
- Spectrophotometric methods (UV-vis and IR);
- Separative methodologies (GC and HPLC with different detection modes);
- Rapid screening methods.
Microbiology and Molecular Biology Analysis
The following microbial and molecular biology based tests can be performed:
- Detection, quantification and identification of microorganisms (bacteria, fungi, viruses, and microalgae);
- Detection and quantification of genes associated with pathogenicity and resistances to antibiotics;
- Evaluation of the antimicrobial activity of natural compounds and extracts;
- Challenge tests done by exposing food to specified types of bacteria and fungi to determine its shelf-life and preservation effectiveness.
The support in the area of sensory evaluation includes:
- Selection, training and monitoring of sensory panels;
- Implementation of sensory test rooms.
Other Food Safety & Quality Assessment Services
Other types of technological and analytical support that can be contracted include:
- Consultancy in the areas mentioned above;
- Possibility to use iBETs’ equipment, by third parties with internal supervision or internal performance of work;
- Implementation/qualification of analytical methods that can then be transferred to third parties with the corresponding training of teams in their sites.