iBET has established a strong base of expertise and competences in the production, purification and characterization of biopharmaceuticals
We do late-stage R&D, scale up and technology transfer of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) such as adeno-associated virus (AAVs) for gene therapy, and recombinant proteins and virus-like particles (VLPs) for vaccines.
WORKING ALONGSIDE YOU IN EVERY STEP OF THE PROCESS
iBET’s experience in bioprocess development, scale-up and technology transfer dates back to 1994 when the Pilot Plant Unit (now Late Stage R&D and Bioprocess Unit) started its operations. Since then, our team of highly-trained experts have been optimizing upstream and downstream processes for production of a wide variety of products (e.g. ATMPs, recombinant proteins) with application in areas such as gene and cell therapy, vaccines, drug design and development.
Late-stage R&D, scale up and technology transfer expertise include:
- Identification and optimization of process engineering limitations for industry relevant cell lines and products
- Development of robust solutions (upstream, downstream and analytics) based on your existing platform and product release specifications
- Implementation of process control and supervision systems
- Process scale-up in stirred-tank (up to 50 L) and rocking motion (up to 25 L) bioreactors
- Technology transfer to CDMOs in all steps of process development, including SOPs and BPR writing assistance, and shadowing of key process operations.